So, you’re looking for a way to increase your business’ presence online. Welcome to our blog! This is a particularly relevant blog for you if you’re in the construction business and want to increase your client base.
When thinking about spending money on marketing, it’s important to consider all options and to choose a marketing effort that will deliver maximum return on investment. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one way to achieve excellent results for your business, because while it can take a couple of months to implement and get results, the results last.
What is SEO? – SEO is defined as action taken to affect the visibility (or rank, or position) of a website when a person searches using a search engine like Google. When you have good SEO, it means your business will appear in a favourable position in the search results. This might be position one, two or three.
How it works – Say someone is looking for someone to help them with their renovation. They live in Indooroopilly in Brisbane. They’re going to type ‘home renovation construction Brisbane’ into their search bar, and whatever business is the most relevant will appear in the first page of results. The power of SEO is that with this tool you can make sure that your business appears up the top on the first page.
We have the ability to do what is called ‘optimisation’ to your website and can make changes and write information for your business which will have it in a more favourable position online. Studies have shown that websites that appear on the first search engine results page get 95% of the clicks from searchers, while the other 5% are left to choose between the results on page two and beyond. What does this tell us? You really want to be on page one if you want to drum up business for your construction company.
Get Results Fast
So, you know how we said that bit about SEO taking a couple of months? That wasn’t an exaggeration. It takes time to really see the results from your SEO campaign, mainly because we do it properly. We build a solid foundation, and we work really hard to ensure that what you get is lasting and secure results. But in the interim, you still want to be getting results, right? Your SEO is working on creating a higher ‘organic’ rank, but to get results you need Google AdWords and their paid search results. These are the results that appear above the organic results.
Google AdWords is effective because while your SEO is working at getting your organic search ranking up, you can appear at the top of the search results thanks to AdWords.
How Do You Know If Your Construction Business Needs SEO?
- Are you trying to secure business?
- Are you looking to get government contracts?
- Do you want business as a contractor for another construction business?
If you answered yes to any of these, then you can benefit from SEO. And yes, that was a trick question. We don’t know any business owners who aren’t trying to achieve any of the above! But it depends on what type of business you want to secure that will depend on how beneficial SEO will be for you.
If you are trying to secure business from everyday users, it’s absolutely vital that you have a great website with plenty of effective content which educates your potential client about what you offer and why it’s important to choose you over your competition.
If you’re looking for government contracts you probably do need a nice website to increase your credibility, but you might not need to optimise quite so much – but that’s because a government organisation is likely aware of what they are looking for.
And finally, if you’re after business from other contractors, you’ll need to just have a website in place that has your contact details on it and work on building your brand’s name through word of mouth.
How We Can Help
We are an SEO and digital marketing agency in Brisbane. We are all based in-house and have a range of experienced professionals who make it their business to get you more business. We understand how to make a difference to your bottom line and will work with you from the very start to understand your business goals. We achieve results and would be happy to share our previous stories of success with you.