Who we are
Our website address is: https://kdm.com.au.
What does “personal information” mean?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity may be reasonably determined.
What personal information do we collect?
KDM may collect personal information and sensitive information from you. The types of information we collect include:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card or bank account information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required to facilitate our dealings with you or your dealings with us.
We may record anonymous information which tells us about visitors to our website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of those visits and which pages of our website are being commonly accessed. We may also use “cookies” that are small pieces of information that allow an organisation to track websites browsed by you. You may be able to adjust your browser to disable cookies. However, if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to interact with our website or take advantage of the improved functionality that cookies enable.
What does “sensitive information” mean?
As a general rule, we do not collect sensitive information. Sensitive information is a type of personal information and can include, but is not limited to, information about an individual’s race, health, opinions and beliefs. However, if we do collect sensitive information, it will usually be for the purposes of providing our services and we will seek your consent to collect it.
How does KDM collect your personal information?
We will always collect your personal information directly from you where possible. Where we are unable to obtain personal information directly from you we will obtain your consent before information is obtained from another party.
Collection of your personal information may occur in a number of ways including:
- quotes, forms and proposals;
- website interactions;
- credit reporting agencies;
- telephone conversations; and
- in person.
How does KDM hold your personal information?
We hold personal information:
- physically on our premises; and
- on internal servers; and
- with third party data service providers in Australia and overseas;
- We access electronic data from internal and external servers by secure login/connection.
- Our agreements with third party service providers contain obligations relating to confidentiality and security.
The purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- supplying to you the services which you have requested;
- sending you statements and invoices and collecting payments from you;
- enabling access to website services;
- conducting feedback surveys; and
- sending to you marketing communications.
Who does KDM disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to a person outside of KDM:
- where necessary in connection with the purpose for which it was collected;
- if required by law;
- if you consent to the disclosure; or
- otherwise as permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Accessing and updating your personal information
You may access and/or request that your personal information be edited or corrected by contacting:
- phone on 1300 596 636;
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- in writing at PO Box 354, Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006.
KDM will correspond with you by email where you consent to that occurring. Where you communicate with us by email, or provide us with your email address, you are taken to have consented to us communicating with you by email (unless you explicitly tell us otherwise). Email may not be a secure way to communicate your personal information to us and as such, we recommend that personal information should be delivered to us through secure means.
KDM may from time to time use your personal information, such as your address or contact details, to provide you with information about other services that we offer.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
- emailing email@example.com;
- phoning 1300 596 636; or
- posting to PO Box 354, Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006.
KDM will, within 30 days, respond to you and attempt to resolve with you your issues as they pertain to your personal information. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from KDM, you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner and Privacy Commissioner by: